Director, Clinical Psychologist, Chartered Psychologist
BSc (Hons), MPhil, DClinPsych, CPsychol, AFBPsS
- Talking Therapy
- Online Therapy
- Autism Assessment
- Adoption Support
- Clinical Supervision
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology
- Master of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Psychology with Honours
- Post Graduate Certificate in Transformational Leadership in Children & Young People’s Mental Health Services
- Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills
Catherine qualified as a Clinical Psychologist in 2007 from the University of Oxford. Since qualifying as a Clinical Psychologist Catherine has focussed on, and is passionate about, working with infants, children, young people and families. Catherine worked in the NHS for 19 years, from 2001 to 2020. She has worked in child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS), a specialist mental health team for looked after and adopted children, a specialist autism assessment service, and with children and young people with a learning disability and autism. Catherine worked as a Clinical Lead/Lead Psychologist in the NHS for 6 years before setting up Adélie Psychology in 2019.
Catherine is trained and experienced in using a variety of well researched and evidence-based interventions. The main therapies Catherine draws upon are Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), ACT for Adolescents (DNA-V), Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) informed therapy, the Solihull Approach, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and Therapeutic Play.
Catherine helps children and young people accept what is out of their personal control, and commit to action that improves and enriches their life. She works with her clients to identify what brings them vitality and value in their lives and helps them move towards that.
Catherine enjoys being creative in her work with children and young people and is passionate about helping them develop healthy attachment relationships and improved emotional wellbeing.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
– Practitioner Psychologist
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
– Chartered member with Associate Fellow Status
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy Institute (DDPI)
– Practitioner becoming certified in DDP
- Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH)
- Association for Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS)