Adélie Psychology Ltd offer clinical supervision to professionals working with children, young people, and families, with or without a learning disability.
Dr Catherine Lawrence has been clinically supervising Clinical Psychologists, Art Therapists, Learning Disability Nurses, and Sexual Health Counsellors since 2012. She has delivered over 500 hours of clinical supervision.
With seventeen years experience of working with children, young people and families in core CAMHS, a specialist mental health team for looked after and adopted children, an autism assessment service, Learning Disability CAMHS, and all age Learning Disability Community Teams, Catherine has the knowledge and experience to facilitate reflection and development in your clinical supervision. She has completed the Supervisors Training and Recognition (STAR) Programme to an advanced level.
If you are looking to develop your leadership skills Catherine can tailor clinical supervision to aid this. She has an interest in, and six years leadership experience, as a Clinical Lead in NHS MDT’s. She has successfully completed a Post Graduate qualification at the University of Reading in Transformational Leadership. Catherine has also completed training in developing compassionate leadership, recruitment and selection, and advanced practitioner development.
Dr Catherine Lawrence has completed training in the following approaches that inform her practice and supervision:
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) – Levels 1 and 2
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – Introduction and Intermediate levels
- ACT for Adolescents (DNA-V)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Building Underdeveloped Sensorimotor Systems in children who have experienced developmental trauma (BUSS Model) – Introduction
- Life Story Work – Modules 1-4
- Therapeutic Play/Non-directive Play/Sand, Symbols and Mandalas
- Story Stem Assessment Profile
- The Solihull Approach – Foundation, Parenting Groups, Mentoring
- Compassionate Mind Training
- Psychodynamic Concepts
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy
- Signs of Safety
Dr Catherine Lawrence has the following qualifications:
- MPhil (Research)
- BSc (Hons)
- PG Cert in Therapeutic Play Skills
- PG Cert in Transformational Leadership in Children and Young People’s Mental Health Services
If you’re looking for a clinical supervisor to help you reflect and move forward with your clinical cases and professional development please contact us to request further information.
Catherine’s CV is available on request.