Autism Assessment and Diagnosis
Our autism assessment process follows the latest NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) Clinical Guideline for assessing autism spectrum disorder in under 19s.
We use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) to diagnose an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)/autism.
Having an assessment for autism does not always lead to a diagnosis of autism.
The cost for a specialist multidisciplinary autism assessment, including feedback session, and a comprehensive report including recommendations, is:
£1,840 for children under the age of 6 years at the time of assessment
£1,960 for children over the age of 6 years at the time of assessment
Payment of Fees
Payment is due in full via bank transfer/BACS at the time of booking the assessment.
We require 48 hours’ notice to cancel an assessment session. Where there is less notice, or you fail to attend your appointment, the full fee for that session will be incurred.
We will endeavour to give you as much advance notice as possible of any need to cancel a future appointment.
Confidentiality of Online Sessions
We do not allow for you to record assessment sessions without prior consent. Dr Catherine Lawrence will not be recording any of your online assessment sessions unless she has prior consent from you and this has been discussed and agreed and you have signed a consent form.
We do not consent to you letting anyone else listen in to any part of the online sessions (via phone or any other technical device or in person) without prior agreement with us.
One part of the assessment is required to be conducted face to face in a clinic setting. In order to keep everyone safe, the following measures are in place:
- Emma will take the temperature of both the parent and child with a digital thermometer when she greets them.
- Only one parent, wearing a mask, and child to enter the building.
- Sanitizer is available for use on arrival and exit from building.
- The room will be set out to ensure social distancing.
- All assessment materials will be disinfected prior to use and after use.
- Clients are advised to dress warmly as the windows in the room will be open to provide ventilated air.
- Emma will wear a mask when she greets you, is moving around the clinic, and talking informally with you.
- Due to the nature of the assessment Emma won’t be wearing a mask during the ADOS assessment.
- Emma is tested for Covid-19 twice a week.
Please contact us if you or your child have Covid-19 symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 within 10 days of your face to face appointment, and we will rearrange it.
Please note that we are unable to respond in an emergency situation. If you need support in an emergency then please contact your GP, the emergency services, or duty social worker for immediate advice and support.
Mental health telephone support is available from the Samaritans on 116 123.
Adélie Psychology Ltd will not undertake work that may lead or link to legal proceedings.